Collins Keystart UK Atlas
Series Editor: Dr Stephen Scoffham
Key Stage: Key Stage 2
£8.99 / £7.99 GA Members*
Produced in association with the Geographical Association and the Historical Association, these brand new topic-based atlases in the popular Keystart format provide ideal content for the ‘human, social and environmental understanding’ programme.
Keystart is a series of topic-based atlases that enhance and reinforce primary atlas skills. The series matches the requirements of the key stage 2 National Curriculum and Scottish 5-14 Environmental Studies Guidelines at P4-7. Each atlas provides web links for each topic and cross-curricular links to history and environmental issues.
The atlases are designed to promote interactive learning through:
- Clear bright maps, charts and data
- Themes and topics to match the curriculum
- A focus on environmental issues
- Links between people and places
- Graded activities and web links for further study
The UK atlas contains a glossary and six sections covering:
- Skills – on understanding maps
- The United Kingdom – in relation to the rest of the world, a brief history and UK country-by-country detail
- Settlement – including population, historic towns, cities and villages
- People and Places – detailing energy supplies, transport, food and farming and tourism
- Physical – covering landscapes, rivers, coasts and weather
- Environment – looking at threats to, and caring for, the environment
Don't forget to login if you are a Full Personal, Group or Concessionary GA member to receive your discount. If you're an Entry Level Member and wish to upgrade, give us a call on 0114 296 0088.