Everyone makes journeys – whether they are long or short, every day or once in a lifetime. This book explores the concept of journeys: the reasons why people make journeys and the geographical concept of connectedness that underpins them. Written specifically for the non-specialist teaching KS1 geography, it identifies the links to the geography curriculum as well as opportunities for cross-curricular work.
The unit comprises a booklet and CD.
In the booklet you will find:
- basic background information
- starting points
- a concept map
- a medium term plan outlining seven lessons
- one lesson from the medium term plan described in full
- advice on using the activity sheets
- further ideas
- one activity sheet linked to the medium term plan
On the CD you will find:
- PDFs of all the material in the booklet
- an additional lesson plan
- four more activity sheets, with instructions for use
- a photobank of 34 images to be used with the activities
- a list of useful resources
- advice on using images
- a link to the GA website
Don't forget to login if you are a Full Personal, Group or Concessionary GA member to receive your discount. If you're an Entry Level Member and wish to upgrade, give us a call on 0114 296 0088.