KS3 Geography Teachers' Toolkit
Faster, Higher Stronger: Is the Olympics the best way to regenerate East London?
£17.99 / £12.99 GA members
Published by the Geographical Association in 2008, this popular title in the KS3 Geography Teachers' Toolkit series offers a flexible and adaptable interpretation of the Key Stage 3 geography curriculum. Students will be highly engaged by:
- Geographical data interpretation for their local environment, connected to the London Olympic and Paralympic Games
- A diverse range of map skills with the opportunity to use GIS for map-making
- An Olympic Park photograph enquiry
- The use of stakeholders' real opinions
Social and emotional aspects of learning play a critical role in the activities and AfL strategies enhance the progression of the learning.
Chapter 1: About Faster, Higher, Stronger
Chapter 2: Medium-term plan
Chapter 3: Lesson plans
- Why did London win the 2012 Games?
- What changes will the Olympics bring to the area?
- What do doeple feel about the Olympics coming to London?
- Can the London Olympics be successful and sustainable?
- What should happen when the Olympics are over?
- How could Olympic teams reduce their carbon footprints?
- Could we host an Olympic team in our local area?
- How could my local area be developed in the future?
Chapter 4: Glossary
Chapter 5: Links for further ideas and resources
Chapter 6: Assessment framework
The book comes with a CD-Rom of resources needed for each of the lesson plans.
Comment on this page
Comments made by GA members appear instantly and don't require security words to be entered - make sure you're logged in! Guest comments will be sent to a moderator for approval.