I would like to apply for a grant to support a year 6/7 transition project we are starting between my High School and a Primary school partner. We are both signed up to the GLP, and are starting to work collaboratively on a geography project.
Is this grant still available and if so how do I follow this up
Shaftesbury High School
Opportunities through the GLP
How can I get involved?
- Register for the GLP to support the development of Global Learning in your school; self-evaluate your Global Learning strengths and areas for development, join a CPD network with other schools
- Access Global Learning resources: Use the GLP-E or GLP-W site to access a wide range of resources and CPD opportunities
- Develop Global Learning in your curriculum: Use the curriculum frameworks to review and integrate essential knowledge aspects of Global Learning into your planning
- Work with GA Geography Primary Champions: Geography Champions support teachers through local networks to develop subject knowledge and curriculum – making. Contact: Jon Cannell
- Use the Geography Quality Marks to self-evaluate your standards and provision. Global Learning is a strong theme in both the Primary and Secondary Geography Quality Marks, and in England you can use GLP e-credits to support your work
- Improve your knowledge and skills through GA courses and conference: We will put on a series of face to face and online courses over the course of the project, and offer a Global Learning pathway through the annual conference
I work with a collaborative group of schools in the South of Liverpool
and would be interested in exploring funding of ?500 grants to support Year 6/7 transition projects - not yet approached our schools directly but as we had a strong GLP group in Liverpool with SFX expert centre last year and we are currently putting together a group led by Bishop Eton Catholic Primary for this year it would fit in very nicely.
I look forward to hearing from you.