GA Awards for Publishers
The GA Publishers' Awards aim to recognise material which is likely to make a significant contribution to geography in primary schools, secondary schools or colleges, and to encourage the creative development of new materials. This could include materials to enhance professional development.
Any kind of material can be submitted providing it has been first produced in the UK in the twelve months prior to the closing date for entries. Entries are invited in the following categories:
- Early Years and Primary
- Secondary and beyond
- Professional Development (all phases)
Awards will be presented at the GA Annual Conference. A citation bearing the logo of the Association will be presented to the author and publisher of the material and, where applicable, permission given to display the Association's endorsement of the material and to use the GA's Award logo in advertising the material.
A Gold Certificate will be given for the best overall entry, and Silver and/or Highly Commended Certificates may be awarded in each category. The decision of the judges will be final and binding. In the event of their being unable to identify an entry of sufficient merit, they may not make a GA Award in a particular category.
Materials should, where appropriate, relate to the national curriculum and take into account equal opportunities. Worksheets, books, software, DVDs, websites and other materials may be submitted.
The judges will consider:
- the significance of the contribution that the material is likely to make to the quality of geographical education in the UK;
- the quality of the material in terms of: geographical content; design; presentation and/or production;
- the usefulness and appropriateness of the product in terms of its application in the geography classroom and/or professional development; and
- the originality of the concept or the approach on which the product is based.
Submission of entries
The deadline for entries has now passed. Entries have been received from:
Cross Academe Limited
Discover the World
Exmoor National Park Authority
Rayburn Tours Ltd
The Geography Collective and Can of Worms Kids Press
If you have any queries, please contact Lucy Oxley (0114 296 0088).
Comment on this page
Comments made by GA members appear instantly - make sure you're logged in! Guest comments will be sent to a moderator for approval.