As my name appears, I'm among the members who got to attend the GA conference of 2009 held in Manchester. I appreciate the programs given by the GA to help activating the Geography Subject in schools. All these are to secure our Origin Planet from disappearance since we know that Geography is the only Solution. Immediately after the Conference I decided to join the higher education in my country Tanzania in order to boost up my Education. This is due to challenges I faced during the conference. I hope one day I will be among the RESCUER( campaigner) in this world. I wish All the Best for those who will attend this year's Conference. GA SURVIVE FOR EVER
Why Join the GA?
Supporting all teachers of geography
Geographical Association membership offers you support, guidance and expert advice for teaching geography.
Become a member and enjoy:
- online access to members-only teaching materials and topical resources on our teaching resources and journals pages
- latest news about geography, geography teaching and the curriculum in GA Magazine
- journals packed each term with practical teaching ideas and professional advice – choose from Teaching Geography, Geography and Primary Geography. View free journal samples here.
- access to online journal archives of research, resources and support
- member offers and voucher codes on a huge range of products from Ordnance Survey, Field Studies Council, Páramo and many more
- discounts on GA training courses, conferences, publications and consultancy services
- recognition of your achievements through GA Awards and the Geography Quality Mark
- expert advice and guidance to raise attainment in geography in your school
- funding opportunities from the GA for fieldwork, Study Tours and international linking.
The GA offers categories of membership to suit every need – from trainees to teacher trainers, early career to retired teachers and from infant schools to the largest secondaries, colleges and universities.
Membership of the GA also gives you opportunities to:
- exchange ideas and resources with other teachers and update your subject knowledge at the GA Annual Conference, your local GA Branches and via our online forums
- share the latest teaching ideas with others by joining a GA curriculum project or writing for our journals, GA Magazine or website
- help shape the future of geography teaching and the GA by joining a GA expert volunteer group or by electing members of the GA’s Governing Body.
Your membership of the GA helps give geography a voice. Together, we have real influence with government on matters that affect teachers of geography. Membership is open to all and we welcome support from any individual or organisation sharing our enthusiasm for furthering knowledge and understanding of geography through education. Find out more about what the GA does.
GA membership is great value too! Personal membership subscriptions are usually allowable expenses for Income Tax purposes. Ask your Tax Office to include your GA subscription in the calculation of your tax code, allowing you to receive tax relief on the amount you pay us. Download a letter template for your local Tax Office here.
I am very pleased you enjoyed our Annual Conference and since attending have joined higher education in Tanzania.
With best wishes from all at the GA.