As my name appears, I'm among the members who got to attend the GA conference of 2009 held in Manchester. I appreciate the programs given by the GA to help activating the Geography Subject in schools. All these are to secure our Origin Planet from disappearance since we know that Geography is the only Solution. Immediately after the Conference I decided to join the higher education in my country Tanzania in order to boost up my Education. This is due to challenges I faced during the conference. I hope one day I will be among the RESCUER( campaigner) in this world. I wish All the Best for those who will attend this year's Conference. GA SURVIVE FOR EVER
Why Join the GA?
Why should I join?
The Geographical Association is a lively community of practice with over a century of innovation behind it and an unrivalled understanding of geography teaching.
Teachers join the GA for the professional advice and materials they need for the classroom. Most use the extensive website and many take part in the face-to-face or electronic networking opportunities. Some enjoy closer involvement, by volunteering for special interest groups or sharing their skills and experiences at events and conferences.
Membership is an expression of support and helps the GA in its key mission: to further geographical knowledge and understanding through education.
What does GA membership give me?
When you join the GA, you'll be provided with access to the following member benefits (excludes entry level membership*):
Termly journals in print and online
- Packed with practical teaching ideas and background debates
- If you’re not sure which journal(s) to subscribe to, take a look at these pages containing further details and free samples - Primary Geography, Teaching Geography and Geography
Access to the online journal archives
- Geography subscribers get free online access to an archive of GA journals Geography and The Geographical Teacher dating back to 1901
- Teaching Geography subscribers are also able to access an online archive dating back to its first issue in 1975
- Primary Geography subscribers can access an online archive going back to 2004
Termly GA Magazine in print and online
- Containing essential updates, news and information
Eligibility to apply for a Geography Quality Mark (group members only)
- Separate frameworks have been developed for primary and secondary schools
Huge discounts on a wide range of activities and materials
- CPD courses, conferences, publications and other resources
- Discount offers from a range of third parties including National Geographic, Páramo, Mountain Warehouse and Thermos
Privileged access to all members-only areas of the GA website
- Your own personal homepage
- Downloadable resources and other exclusive content
* Entry level members receive termly copies of GA Magazine (print and online) only.
Download a copy of our welcome booklet to find out even more about the Geographical Association and all of the benefits of a GA membership.
Early Career Teacher membership package
The GA and RGS-IBG also jointly offer an Early Career Teacher membership package aimed at supporting students and teachers of geography in the first five years of their career. This joint membership offer is administered by the RGS-IBG and further details of how to apply are available on the RGS-IBG website.
I am very pleased you enjoyed our Annual Conference and since attending have joined higher education in Tanzania.
With best wishes from all at the GA.
I think that you should join because it really help in my a levels! i cant wait to go and do my b levels now, they are going to be so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Free access to subscribers