Why Join the GA?
Why should I join?
The Geographical Association is a lively community of practice with over a century of innovation behind it and an unrivalled understanding of geography teaching.
Teachers join the GA for the professional advice and materials they need for the classroom. Most use the extensive website and many take part in the face-to-face or electronic networking opportunities. Some enjoy closer involvement, by volunteering for special interest groups or sharing their skills and experiences at events and conferences.
Membership is an expression of support and helps the GA in its key mission: to further geographical knowledge and understanding through education.
What does GA membership give me?
When you join, you'll get the following benefits:
- Termly journals, with practical teaching ideas and background debates*
- Access to online journal archives*
- Termly GA Magazine, containing essential updates and information
- Huge discounts on CPD courses and conferences*
- Up to 30% discount on GA publications*
- Access to exclusive members' only areas of the GA website
- Eligibility to join our Teacher Consultant register*
- Eligibility to apply for a Geography Quality Mark (group members only)
- Access to Worldwise activities and competitions
- Discounts on third party products and services
- Geography subscribers also get free online access to an archive of GA journals Geography and The Geographical Teacher going back to 1901
The GA relies on membership subscriptions - join today to support us in supporting you!
* Applies to Full Personal, Group and Concessionary members only
Comment on this page
Comments made by GA members appear instantly - make sure you're logged in! Guest comments will be sent to a moderator for approval.