As my name appears, I'm among the members who got to attend the GA conference of 2009 held in Manchester. I appreciate the programs given by the GA to help activating the Geography Subject in schools. All these are to secure our Origin Planet from disappearance since we know that Geography is the only Solution. Immediately after the Conference I decided to join the higher education in my country Tanzania in order to boost up my Education. This is due to challenges I faced during the conference. I hope one day I will be among the RESCUER( campaigner) in this world. I wish All the Best for those who will attend this year's Conference. GA SURVIVE FOR EVER
Why Join the GA?
Supporting all teachers of geography
Geographical Association membership offers you support, guidance and expert advice for teaching geography.
Become a member and enjoy:
- Online access to members-only teaching materials and topical resources on our teaching resources and journals pages.
- Latest news about geography, geography teaching and the curriculum in GA Magazine.
- Journals packed each term with practical teaching ideas and professional advice – choose from Teaching Geography, Geography and Primary Geography. View free journal samples here.
- Access to online journal archives of research, resources and support (Geography from 1901, Teaching Geography from 1975 and Primary Geography from 2004).
- Member offers and voucher codes on a huge range of products from Ordnance Survey, Field Studies Council, Páramo and many more.
- Discounts on GA training courses, conferences, publications and consultancy services.
- Recognition of your achievements through a GA Geography Quality Mark (group members only).
- Support to raise attainment in geography in your school
Low-cost Entry Level members receive GA Magazine and benefit from online access, including member offers and vouchers.
Joining the GA means being part of a community of practice. It gives you opportunities to:
- Network with other teachers and update your subject knowledge at the GA Annual Conference, your local GA Branches and via our online forums.
- Join curriculum projects and GA committees and special interest groups.
- Share your practice with others by writing for our journals, GA Magazine or website.
Your membership of the GA helps give geography a voice. Together, we have real influence with government on matters that affect teachers of geography. Membership is open to all and we welcome support from any individual or organisation sharing our enthusiasm for furthering knowledge and understanding of geography through education.
GA membership is great value too! Personal membership subscriptions are usually allowable expenses for Income Tax purposes. Ask your Tax Office to include your GA subscription in the calculation of your tax code, allowing you to receive tax relief on the amount you pay us. Download a letter template for your local Tax Office here.
I am very pleased you enjoyed our Annual Conference and since attending have joined higher education in Tanzania.
With best wishes from all at the GA.