As my name appears, I'm among the members who got to attend the GA conference of 2009 held in Manchester. I appreciate the programs given by the GA to help activating the Geography Subject in schools. All these are to secure our Origin Planet from disappearance since we know that Geography is the only Solution. Immediately after the Conference I decided to join the higher education in my country Tanzania in order to boost up my Education. This is due to challenges I faced during the conference. I hope one day I will be among the RESCUER( campaigner) in this world. I wish All the Best for those who will attend this year's Conference. GA SURVIVE FOR EVER
Why Join the GA?
Why should I join?
The Geographical Association is a lively community of practice with over a century of innovation behind it and an unrivalled understanding of geography teaching.
Teachers join the GA for the professional advice and materials they need for the classroom. Most use the extensive website and many take part in the face-to-face or electronic networking opportunities. Some enjoy closer involvement, by volunteering for special interest groups or sharing their skills and experiences at events and conferences.
Membership is an expression of support and helps the GA in its key mission: to further geographical knowledge and understanding through education.
What does GA membership give me?
When you join, you'll get the following benefits:
- Termly journals, with practical teaching ideas and background debates*
- Access to online journal archives*
- Termly GA Magazine, containing essential updates and information
- Huge discounts on CPD courses and conferences*
- Up to 30% discount on GA publications*
- Access to exclusive members' only areas of the GA website
- Eligibility to join our Teacher Consultant register*
- Eligibility to apply for a Geography Quality Mark (group members only)
- Access to Worldwise activities and competitions
- Discounts on third party products and services
- Geography subscribers also get free online access to an archive of GA journals Geography and The Geographical Teacher going back to 1901
The GA relies on membership subscriptions - join today to support us in supporting you!
* Applies to Full Personal, Group and Concessionary members only
I am very pleased you enjoyed our Annual Conference and since attending have joined higher education in Tanzania.
With best wishes from all at the GA.
I think that you should join because it really help in my a levels! i cant wait to go and do my b levels now, they are going to be so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Free access to subscribers