GA Annual Conference and Exhibition
University of Surrey - Monday 14 - Wednesday 16 April 2014
Every year we welcome more than 700 delegates from all over the world to take part in a range of lectures, workshops, field visits and social events and find out about the latest ideas, resources and support in primary and secondary geography.
"The Conference values both the young and experienced teachers to both deliver sessions and engage in them. It is inclusive, inspiring and the highlight of my yearly CPD."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the two days I attended and have once again left the conference with a great buzz and renewed vigour for following up threads, links and ideas"
"This is outstanding professional development for teachers of geography"
Book now from as little as £60
Registrations must be in by 24 March 2014. Prices start at just £60 and all full-time students get in completely free.
The theme for this year’s Conference will be ‘Crossing Boundaries’. Read more about the Conference theme.
Here’s a taster of the 2014 programme:
- Keynote Address by Dr Duncan Green, Senior Strategic Adviser at Oxfam on ‘The age of development: mission accomplished or RIP?’
- Professor Nicholas Clifford (KCL) - on human-physical and school-university transitions
- Free ‘Future Geographers’ programme for students aged 14–18
- Anna Barford on Humanitarian Crises, Population Displacement and Epidemic Disease
- Special event for students and NQTs on Wednesday
- Programme of workshops and lectures to guide primary teachers through the requirements of the new national curriculum.
Download the full programme on the Programme page.
New for 2014 – Idea Zone
Running parallel to the main Conference programme is the Idea Zone, an informal drop-in event packed full of creative ideas to help you get your students enthused about geography. The Idea Zone will include:
- Lego Lab – use Lego to explore commodity geographies plus look out for Lego geographers striking a range of poses!
- Top Trumps – think about the relationships between producers and consumers and how we assign value to products.
- Mission:Explore – explore, play, teach and learn by doing these guerrilla geography missions and you will never see the world in the same way again. Plus pick up exclusive GA Annual Conference missions!
- Idea Board – pin your bright ideas on our board to share with other delegates.
- Twitter Wall – a live stream of #gaconf14 conversation. Join in with your comments and photos. Follow us @The_GA.
First time at the GA Annual Conference?
note: this file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you do not have this you can get it free from the Adobe website.
From collecting free resources and choosing the right workshop to sharing ideas over a beer, these top tips should help you make the most out of your first time at Conference.
The Conference hosts the UK's largest exhibition of geographical resources giving you the chance to find out about field study centres, publishers, tour operators, exam boards, universities and many other organisations. View the 2014 exhibitors.
Official 2014 Conference Sponsors
Comment on this page
Comments made by GA members appear instantly and don't require security words to be entered - make sure you're logged in! Guest comments will be sent to a moderator for approval.