GA Annual Conference and Exhibition
University of Manchester – Thursday 9–Saturday 11 April 2015
Every year we welcome more than 800 delegates from all over the world to take part in a range of lectures, workshops, field visits and social events and find out about the latest ideas, resources and support in primary and secondary geography.
'This conference has been invaluable – can’t wait to get back to school!'
'Best value CPD around'
'GA Conference is the highlight of my professional year'
We are now accepting Conference registrations – book online here.
If you register before 5 January 2015 you’ll save £10 per day on the standard Conference fees. Prices start at just £53 and all full-time and PGCE students get in completely free.
The theme for this year’s Conference will be ‘Making an impact’. Read more about the Conference theme.
Details of all Annual Conference will be available during December. In the meantime here is a taster of the 2015 programme:
- Danny Dorling, Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography (Oxford University) will be presenting this year’s Keynote Address on ‘The Geography of Elections: Will the 40 year rise in of voting polarization continue this May?'
- Special event for students and NQTs with keynote lecture by David Leat, Professor of Curriculum Innovation (Newcastle University) on ‘Back to the Future - Reinventing the Curriculum in a Digital Age’
- Professor Katie Willis (Royal Holloway) on the geographical perspectives of development
- Hands-on IT workshop on app-making in geography
- A knowledge update session on cooler China
Find out more on the Programme page.
The Conference hosts the UK's largest exhibition of geographical resources giving you the chance to find out about field study centres, publishers, tour operators, exam boards, universities and many other organisations. View the 2014 exhibitors.
First time at the GA Annual Conference?
note: this file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you do not have this you can get it free from the Adobe website.
From collecting free resources and choosing the right workshop to sharing ideas over a beer, these Top Tips will help you make the most of your first time at Conference.
Official 2015 Conference Sponsors
Comment on this page
Comments made by GA members appear instantly and don't require security words to be entered - make sure you're logged in! Guest comments will be sent to a moderator for approval.