160 Solly Street
Telephone: +44 (0)114 296 0088
Fax: +44 (0)114 296 7176
Directions from Sheffield train station to GA HQ
Via the Supertram
The Supertram runs every ten minutes during office hours and picks up at the rear of the train station. The tram takes 10 – 15 minutes to the nearest stop to the GA (Netherthorpe Road) and from there it is a five minute walk to 160 Solly Street.
- Take the rear exit from the station to get to the tram stop.
- As you exit the station turn right, staying on the right hand side, to the tram stop – (signposted Sheffield station/ Sheffield Hallam University).
- Catch the ‘Blue route’ tram heading towards ‘Malin Bridge’. The stop you need is ‘Netherthorpe Road’ – the stop after ‘Sheffield University’.
- Once off the tram, turn right up the platform and down into the underpass. At the bottom of the underpass turn left, and go up the ramp/ steps in front of you.
- At the top of the ramp/ steps walk straight along between student flats on your left and Momentum Leisure club on your right to the end of the short road.
- Turn left, following the cycle route signpost for ‘Upperthorpe/ Hillsborough’. Do not walk down the road (Radford Street). Instead, take the path to the right of the road.
- Walk towards the basketball court (you will also see a Tesco Express in front and to the right of you), then turn right in front of it. With the basketball court now on your left, follow the path up and follow it left.
- Continue onto the road, walking past Tesco Express, then take the first right after the store into Kenyon Street.
- Go straight up the hill. At the end of the road turn left onto Solly Street (you will see a sign for Solly Street opposite you on the other side of the road).
- The GA’s offices are approximately 20 metres down the road.
Have a question?
Use the enquiry form if you have a question or if you'd like to give us feedback. Individual staff email addresses are available on the HQ Contacts page.
If you're trying to find something on the website try using the search box in the top right hand corner. You could also try searching for resources using the Resource Finder tool.
You can keep up to date with the latest GA news by following us on Twitter and Facebook, signing up for free email updates and subscribing to our RSS feed. Find out more >>>
Comment on this page
Comments made by GA members appear instantly and don't require security words to be entered - make sure you're logged in! Guest comments will be sent to a moderator for approval.