Students talk about university geography
Thoughts on studying geography at university
The GA's Post-16 & HE Phase Committee spoke to geography students at three universities to find out about their experiences of studying geography at degree level.
The video and audio interviews below are ideal for sharing with Post-16 students who are considering doing a geography degree. They cover:
- Worries about starting university
- Settling into a new life
- The differences between sixth form and university
- The content of the students' geography degree courses
- Field studies in the UK and abroad
- University geography societies
- What careers the students hope to go into
Thanks to students and staff at the University of Chester, the University of Gloucestershire and the University of the West of England for recording and sharing these interviews.
University of Chester
University of Gloucestershire
University of the West of England
Comment on this page
Comments made by GA members appear instantly - make sure you're logged in! Guest comments will be sent to a moderator for approval.